Saturday, October 13, 2007

Address of your Accommodation Rental

One thing that many people forget to add to their website is an address to their Hotel, Motel, Lodge, or rental property.

I can understand if your are renting out a small cabin in the backwoods, that only get's rented in the Summer, and you are concerned about vandalism or security.

However no address, to a hotel where you live in, and hopefully has people staying every night.

When people are browsing your website, they really do want to know where your accommodations are situated, even if they don't know they town or place at all, they will often want to know.

On the page you have your contact information, it's a very good idea, to make a list of places that are nearby, this is great for the SEO of your website, and often will help someone find your place as the one to stay at.

Have you contact details at the top of the page, easy for everyone to see, and write out your full country address, including postal code. Then underneath write a neat list of places around your accommodation.

You may wonder how this will help with SEO. I'll make up the details, but you will get the idea.

Well imagine you motel is 5 miles from a Hospital called, St Mary's Hospital, Timbuktu. And you have that listed on your contact page.

I have an Aunty Mary who is in St Mary's Hospital, and I need to visit her, so I do a search, I try
accommodation near St Mary's Hospital, Timbuktu.
no results, so I try a search
Motel near St Mary's Hospital, Timbuktu
And what do you know, your motel website is the only one that says it's near that hospital, in that place, so guess whose website will rank #1 for my search...... see you in a couple of days.....

This is getting away from putting your address for you rental accommodation on your website, but you can see other ways having your actual address would be useful....

eg. I am making a google map of all the places that are listed on the Rainbow Tourism directory website.
Well at least the ones in New Zealand today, I haven't quite finished, but I'm going to try adding that map to this post. I hope you can see it, I plan to make one of these maps for each place in the world.
And see if your address was listed on your website, and I could make a link exactly your business, then whenever anyone was searching in google maps for anything near where you are, in your part of the world, they would see your motel listed.
Cheers Lynn



View Larger Map

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the new google map. It is amazing what I have learnt as the team from CANZ Design have redeveloped our site. It is getting very near and the end result is excellent.