Thursday, October 11, 2007

Agree about Good Booking System

I just had to agree with Mark, about having good booking systems, as I mentioned in my last post, often I can't find the prices of the rooms for rent until I use the sites booking system.

Oh course you get the old form that you can fill out, put your credit card details on along with everything else about you, and the form isn't on a secure page, so it's piece of cake for a hacker, to hack the website and get those credit card numbers, I won't explain how this works, because I don't want to give any hacker that may come across this site, and handy hints. But believe me, it's very very easy.

But then there are booking systems that are SOOOO hinky, that I couldn't get a price for a room, I tried 14 different dates searches within a year, and the results all said the the all 200 rooms plus where booked.

Thinking it was maybe my computer or IP address I contact 5 or our team of beta testers, that live worldwide, and asked them to try book a room, and save the dates they tried to book on. None of these other people had any luck making a booking either, trying to book over 3 days.

I had to contact that business about other information I needed, and mention to them that it was amazing they were fully booked for all these times, especially since they were a fairly new business. I congratulated them on being so successful.

I had an email back saying they had never had a booking through there website, and had tried themselves to back a booking and couldn't, that was 11 days ago, and it's still not working.

So not just any secure booking system is will do, you need to have one that works easily for both you and the customers, ready with their credit card to book rooms.

Lynny

PS. Seekom Booking System Rules!!!!

No comments: